Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Hard Heart


God was breaking my heart today. At work a man came in from another company and asked to use the phone. I heard him talking about a friend of his that just died the other day who was the same age as him. He said it hit him hard and made him think that he could be next. He went on and on about it. He was using the name of Jesus Christ as a cuss word continually and cussing along with it. I saw the man desperately needed Christ. I prayed for boldness and words while I waited for him to get off the phone so I could share the gospel with him.

The devil had other plans and sent another guy in the room and I never had the chance to witness to him just yet. I had to listen to these two talk for 1 1/2 hours. The lost man cussing and blaspheming the entire time. Every time he did it, it cut me to the heart and gave me such an intense burden to witness to him I was about to explode. Finally I got up and left in hopes the other guy would leave too. My plan worked. I knew where the lost man was working so I met him there.

I asked him about his dead friend and then asked him where he would go when he died. He said he didn't think about it or care. I asked him if he was a Christian and he said he gave up religion a long time ago. He went on and told me of all the hypocrisy he has saw in Christians over the years. I told him about the moral law and took him through the Commandments. He willingly admitted to breaking them all. I asked where God would send him for this. He said he was going to Hell for sure. I shared what Jesus Christ did on the cross and how He bore the wrath of God in his place and offers him a way out of Hell by repenting and trusting in Christ. He was getting very convicted. I explained my motives for sharing the gospel with him and urged him to look into the truth and not judge Jesus Christ by people who say they follow him, but by what He taught. I went over again what Christ taught and explained the gospel and illustrated the gospel over and over. He was very convicted. I told him to look into these things before he died because he, like his friend, could die any second and he would be in Hell. He thanked me for sharing the gospel. I shared my testimony and told him to seek God while he still had a chance.

Praise God for His providential meetings. Pray for this man.

4 comments:

AL said...

Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad you were finally able to talk to this guy. I pray for his conviction that will lead to repentence and salvation. To God be the glory, and may He bless you for your obedience.

Tim said...

Scottie,

Praise the Lord for working in and through you today. I will pray that if it pleases God this man will repent and by faith follow after Christ. May God continue to use you as he sees fit.

Gregg Metcalf said...

We can plant the seed and water and then we trust God for the harvest. It is a blessing to be the instrument God uses to share His word! Thanks for this post!

Timothy Kerttula (TJ) said...

Keep it up Scott!!! I am praying for you brother.